Help I have a problem whit replacing the Tacho in my car

• I know that this is a Golf forum, but since the part in question is from a Golf, and the Octavia is similar to the Golf in many ways I post this question here in addition to octavia-forum.de

I have tried to replace the "Tacho" in my Skoda Octavia I whit a "Tacho" from a Golf IV. I use the guide that I found here: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-c…mo2-cluster-swapping.html

Everything works just fine until I come to the stage where I'm going to enter the number of keys. I have 2 keys so I enter 2, then I press save, I then get a question if I'm sure, then press yes. The number in all the fields then changes to 2 for a split second and then goes back to 0. Then I'm unable to recode the keys. Do you have any idea of what I do wrong ?

(I don't have the 7 digit day code, but I have the 5 digit login code that I use)

• These instrument clusters won't work with a skoda. The immobilzer software is locked to VW-family cars.

• Thank you for you're reply Michael, but I think (and hope) that you are wrong about this, since I have seen pictures of several other Octavia's whit instrument clusters from Golf IV

• Maybe these are older once!? But since 2000/2001 VW went this way.

• Forgot to write this:
    My Octavia is 04/2000 model, and the Golf IV Tacho is made in 1997. Both is without can bus (XXX919XXX) and have IMMO II

An other question is: what does this mean: ACHTUNG ! PRESSEFAHRZEUGE (it's written on a label on the Golf IV tacho)

• michael ich bewundere dich immer :) für jede frage eine antwort.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Drei Gründe dafür:
- Austausch mit VW Golf Fahrer
- Alles zu Versicherung & Finanzierung
- Tipps zu Bauteile, Tuning und Reparaturen

Registriere Dich kostenlos und nehme an unserer Community teil!