Golf V (1K) 1.4 TSI - Nockenwellensensor Code P3008

• Hi,

My first post and I am being rude and writing in english, I hope you will forgive me. Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut.

Located in Hamburg. My girlfriend's 2007 Golf V (1k) 1.4 TSI has the camshaft position sensor (Nockenwellensensor) triggering a code (P3008).

My guess was that the timing chain/belt had stretched or slipped or that the sensor had died.
    The engine runs the same as before but the code comes back within an hour or so after being reset.

Of course the engine isn't dead yet...but if the belt/chain slips further, then interference between the pistons and valves might ruin the motor. So looking to be very proactive about getting this fixed.

I also read there is a known issue with some of the TSI motors with the timing chain tensioner where if the car rolls against the gear when parked it can cause timing belt/chain slip.

1) Any thoughts/advice?
    2) Any recommendations on a good MKV mechanic in the Hamburg area?
    3) Any estimate what a fix/replaced timing chain job should cost? Involves pulling the head, so at least a few hours.
    4) Anyone know what the standard service interval is for timing chain/belt replacement on the Golf V?

Feel free to answer in Deutsch. Much easier for me to read it than write it. :)

Thanks!

-Matt

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/P7ffqLL.jpg]

• Vibrations tapped from the camshaft position sensor when you cover the engine. Normally several miles. But expensive workshop. Typical 1.4 TSI negative control chain.

• hi

But workshop mechanic expensive. Due to chain repair. :/

Chain tensioning track jogged. Here image. to explain.

You must not be like Must be workshop, because can-bus engine control chain.

many thanks
    greetings,
    Waldemar

Jetzt mitmachen!

Drei Gründe dafür:
- Austausch mit VW Golf Fahrer
- Alles zu Versicherung & Finanzierung
- Tipps zu Bauteile, Tuning und Reparaturen

Registriere Dich kostenlos und nehme an unserer Community teil!